Did you know that Fluency & Fitness brain breaks can be used in multiple ways? I’m going to show you a variety of ways to use your Fluency & Fitness resources so you get the most bang for your buck!
5 Ways to use Fluency & Fitness Brain Breaks
Here’s a little preview of some Fluency & Fitness in action! Visit my YouTube page here to see more videos.
2. Literacy and Math Center Tubs
One way to use Fluency & Fitness for center time, is to print out the slides and throw them in a container. When students draw an exercise card, they can do the exercise 5 times or for 5 seconds. They can then keep the card and another student can have a turn. Keep playing until all cards are gone. You can decide if you want just the 1 student to do the exercise or all of the students in that group to get up for quick brain breaks.
- Since the files are uploaded as .zip documents, you will need to download an app to unzip the folder on your iPad such as iZip. This app will extract the files from the folder, so you can open each file individually.
- Make sure you have Powerpoint downloaded on your iPad as well. You will want to open the files in Powerpoint so they show up in the correct format.
- Students can click the “play” button at the top of the Powerpoint file, to play the slideshow.
Another MEGA bundle bonus, are these exercise flashcards. Anytime throughout the day that your students seem to be getting a bit silly, you can simply hold up a card and have them stop working and do the exercise.
Are you still not sure if Fluency & Fitness is right for your classroom? You can try one FREE!!!
I hope that you have discovered some new ways to use your Fluency & Fitness brain breaks with your students. It’s always nice to be able to buy 1 product and use it multiple ways!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I add timers to the slides?
- One thing that I felt was important, was to let the teacher be in control of the game. I do not have timers on the slideshows because I like to click through the slides slower as students learn the skill, and then faster as they are at mastery level. It makes it exciting for students to try to be faster than me once we get clicking fast. 🙂 Don’t worry, for those teachers that don’t want to have to click the slides and want to walk away from the computer to participate in the fun or just get a quick minute to do other tasks, I have created a video here showing you how to easily add your own timers.
- Can I add music to the slides?
- YES! Due to copyright laws, I am not allowed to include music in a slideshow in this format. I have created another video here showing you how to add your own music. Honestly, I don’t even use music when we play. Some teachers just use their phone or a CD player during the exercise slides. Just do what works best for your kiddos!
- Is this editable?
- No, yes, and sort of 🙂 My MEGA Fluency & Fitness Bundle is the only one that does include an editable powerpoint where you can type in your own words or create your own set. The other bundles allow for you to move the Powerpoint slides around so they are in a different order each time you play if you’d like, but you cannot edit any of the content.
- Why should I buy the MEGA Fluency & Fitness Bundle?
- The MEGA bundle is the biggest value. It’s my most discounted Fluency & Fitness bundle and it contains all of the math and literacy bundles I’ve made for grades K-2. Since it’s a growing bundle, you will also receive any new reading/math K-2 sets I make and can download the new ones for FREE!!! The MEGA bundle is best for people that work with multiple grade levels, would like to have resources for their high and low students, have a resource in case they change grade levels, or simply want to save money buying 1 bundle compared to multiple smaller bundles. You also receive some BONUS resources that are not included in other bundles (editable version, game board, exercise flashcards)