Are you a woman in your 30s who wants to wear cute and trendy clothes, but are having trouble finding clothes that are age appropriate? I’m here to help with a list of 20 places to shop for teachers.
Last week, I found myself walking around the mall going from store to store with no such luck of finding a new outfit for my birthday. It seemed as if my only choices were the Juniors department (I’m too old for tight clothes and crop tops) or the Women’s department (which seems to be for 60 and up). Therefore, I decided to enlist my fellow lady followers on Instagram and Facebook for help! I simply asked:
Where do women in their 30s shop for trendy, yet age appropriate clothes?
Next thing I knew, I started getting messages left and right with suggestions, while other ladies were asking what responses I got, because they too were having trouble finding places to shop. In less than 24 hours, I ended up with a list of 20 of the most suggested stores for both brick & mortar and online shopping. But with Shop for Teachers these stores have cute clothes for teaching, date night, or a girl’s night out. Some of these stores even offer a teacher discount!
Brick and Mortar Stores
- The Loft – This was one of the most suggested places to shop. I have a few shirts from here, but have found it to be more hit or miss. Perhaps I need to give it another chance and keep checking back for new styles. You can also sign up for their 15% off teacher discount!
- Old Navy – Old Navy was the 2nd most mentioned store, with many teachers saying their pants fit great!
- Kohls – Kohls always has coupons, but doesn’t offer a specific discount to teachers
- Target – Personally, I get a lot of basics from Target that I can mix/match such as tanks and cover-ups. They also have super cute accessories!
- New York & Company – I can’t confirm that they still offer this, but NY & Co. used to offer 15% off in store when you showed your Teacher ID card. It’s worth a try!
- TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross – These stores are another hit or miss for me, but they can have some really great deals and you can find name brand clothes for a lot less!
- Banana Republic – 15% off in store when you show your Teacher ID card
- Francesca’s – This is more of a boutique type store.
- H&M has great business attire if that is more your style. I love the variety of sweaters and cover-ups they have for a great price.
14. Lularoe – Lularoe was mentioned over and over by teachers. They commented how comfortable these clothes are! The only hang up about shopping Lularoe is you have to join a Facebook group where an individual sells the products or find someone that is having a pop-up shop. Besides these clothes being comfortable, they have a TON of different styles and patterns to choose from.
15. Stitch Fix – This was suggested by many teachers as well. Stitch Fix is like having a personal shopper that looks at styles you like from a Pinterest board, then learns your style, favorite colors, size, and then send you a few pieces to try. I was told these clothes are a bit pricier than some other stores, but they fit better and take the hassle out of shopping!
16. Jane – This is a daily deal site that has clothes and other items discounted, but limited quantities.
17. Amazon – Amazon has quickly become one of my favorite places to shop. I love that they have so many reviews and it has quick shipping and easy returns.
19. The Pink Lily Boutique – this is one of my favorite boutiques
20. Simple Addition – This is similar to Jane.com where they have daily deals on boutique style clothes
I personally still like to go try on my clothes in a store, see the fit/color/size, etc., and get in some people watching. 🙂 Don’t get me wrong though, I do occasionally order online because I find some adorable clothes that I just can’t find in stores.
Hopefully, you found some new ways to shop for teachers the next time you’re in need of a new outfit. If you don’t see a store on this list that you absolutely love, leave me a comment, so I can check it out!
Sign up to SAVE!
Join the newsletter to get 15% OFF teaching resources. Also be the first one to know about product releases, sales, giveaways, teaching tips, and more!