This bundle of digital and printable task cards will give your first grade students a chance to work on reading skills for the entire school year! You can use the digital task cards as a whole group or students can play individually on their device. As long as you have PowerPoint, the digital task cards should work on any device! If you’d rather use the task cards for centers, you can use the printable version which can be self checking!
Here’s a peek of the Task Cards in action:
➜Check out my 1st Grade Task Cards Math Bundle too!
• ABC order
• Beginning Sounds
• Middle Vowel Sounds
• Syllables (up to 4 syllables)
• CVC Words (word to pic)
• Beginning Blends (in a word)
• Beginning Digraphs (in a word)
• Silent e (pic to word)
• Silent e (word to pic)
• R Controlled Vowels (pic to sound)
• Compound Words
• Word Families (short vowels)
• Word Families set 2 (short vowels)
• Simple Sentences (fill in blank)
• Noun Sort
• Long Vowels
• Word Families (long vowels)
• Word Families (3 letter families)
• Ending Blends
• Ending Digraphs
—>Digital Task Cards
• Works on a computer, iPad, or any other device with PowerPoint
• Recorded directions for students to easily learn how to play
• Self Checking (students hear a “chime” for a correct answer, a “clank” for a wrong answer. The slide only transitions if they get the answer correct).
• At least 20 slides per game
You must have PowerPoint to play the digital games. For this to work as intended w/noises and self-checking, you need to have Powerpoint. Google Slides will not maintain the sound/transitions. I have a video in this download that shows you how to transfer files from your PC or Mac to your iPad using iTunes.
—>Printable Task Cards
• Students will use a clothespin to clip their answer
• Recording sheets are provided
• Self checking (answer key provided or put a dot on the back of the card behind the correct answer)
• Cover images if you choose to buy the Iris photo boxes (from Michaels) that work great to hold task card materials. I updated the box covers (6/20) to make them more printer friendly.