Help students work on blending and segmenting words while getting in some exercise with Fluency & Fitness®. Students are BEGGING to do this activity! Teachers love that they don’t have to lose any instructional time, yet their kids can get a bit of a brain break. This will be great practice for phoneme segmentation fluency for DIBELS (PSF) or to use with your struggling RTI students that need more help blending words.
➤➤➤ Due to the popularity of Fluency & Fitness®, I wanted to make these activities easier to access and include more fun features. I now have a subscription website with easy access to an online library of over 750 videos of ALL K-2 Fluency and Fitness® + more. New features such as double the exercises, animated kids, music on the exercise slides, 2 different versions w/pre-timed slides, answers after the math facts, and more features are ONLY available on fluencyandfitness.com.
Here’s a example of Fluency and Fitness in action:
Since identifying phonemes in a word can even be hard for some teachers, the slideshows with pictures will have an answer following the slide. You’ll simply have students say how many sounds they hear in the word, then when you click to go to the next slide, an answer will appear. You can then click again to go to a new picture. This is not typical of my Fluency & Fitness sets, but I wanted to make identifying the phonemes quick and easy for students and for teachers to check. 🙂
• 2-4 phoneme pictures (students segment the word & say how many sounds they hear)
• 2-5 phoneme pictures (students segment the word & say how many sounds they hear)
• CVC Words (students blend the word, green, yellow, & red dots are below each letter to let students know where to start/stop reading)
• 2-5 phoneme Words (students will blend the words, some words have the double vowels ee & oo, as well as blends, and digraphs)
▶︎How to play:▶︎
—>The slideshow will present huge pictures for students to segment the word into phonemes or a word will pop up for the students to blend the word. When they see a slide with a kid exercising, they do that exercise until you choose to go to the next slide. You get to decide how fast or slow to go because you will click the mouse to go to the next slide. When students see a slide with a kid exercising, they do that exercise until you choose to go to the next slide.
—>When you download this file open the “READ THIS FIRST” file so you can see more detailed instructions on how to play and how to add timers/music if you want. Unfortunately due to copyright laws, I am unable to include music. However, I do show you how to easily add your own!
—>You do not need a smart board! You’ll need a projector to show this on your screen or white board, or you can use hook you computer up to your TV and play this at home!
—>You will receive a PDF version & Powerpoint version. In the Powerpoint sets, you can move the slides around so they aren’t always in the same order when you play the bundles. You cannot edit the content. This material is copyrighted and you are not allowed to create your own Fluency & Fitness® games or distribute this in any way.
★Over 50 Fluency & Fitness® Reading & Math sets to choose from here:★
Choose by grade level:
• Pre-K sets (letters, sounds, rhyming, etc.)
• Kindergarten sets (sight words, CVC, number sense, graphing, etc.)
• 1st Grade sets (blends, word families, addition, place value, etc.)
• 2nd Grade sets (add/subtract, grammar, time, money, etc.)
• 3rd-5th Grade sets (sight words, multiplication, division, etc.)
Choose a growing bundle at a BIG discount and get any new sets I make for FREE!!!
• MEGA Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• Reading Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• Math Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• PreK Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• Kindergarten Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• 1st Grade Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• 2nd Grade Fluency & Fitness Bundle
• 3rd Grade Fluency & Fitness Bundle
?Feedback & Ratings are always appreciated! Don’t forget to join my newsletter to stay on top of new products, giveaways, and tips for your classroom!?