Physical Phonics will help your students learn their vowel teams and diphthongs by incorporating active movement. The vowel teams and diphthongs movement cards that are included use a multi-sensory approach to help students learn through visual, auditory, and kinesthetic movement. By teaching children through many techniques, their brain is able to process the information in multiple ways. Physical Phonics helps meet the needs of all of your students, no matter which way they learn best. I have found that students are not only more engaged when they use Physical Phonics, but they also retain the information and learn their vowel patterns and diphthongs quicker.
I have created an instructional video to help you learn the movements that go along with each sound. Use this video with students in whole group, small group, or let them watch it during center time on your computer to give them extra practice.
• Instructional video
• Vowel Teams & Diphthongs Movement Cards
-Print these double sided: picture will be on the front & movement directions on the back
• Powerpoint with the Vowel Teams/Diphthongs Movement Cards (on a timer, but you can set it at your own pace)
• Vowel Teams & Diphthongs Chart (w/directions of how to make this into a poster)
• Student Vowel Teams & Diphthongs strips
• Vowel Teams & Diphthongs letter cards
• Vowel Teams & Diphthongs Picture Cards
• Vowel Teams & Diphthongs Book
• Differentiated Resources: cards/posters that show the long vowel clue for ie & y sounds since those sounds can say /ē/ or /ī/.
Vowel Teams = ai, ay, ea, ee, ie (long e), y (long e), ie (long i), igh, y (long i), oa, oe, ow, ue, ui
Diphthongs = au, aw, ew, oo, oi, oy, ou, ow
★More Physical Phonics★
Physical Phonics Alphabet
Physical Phonics Blends & Digraphs
Physical Phonics Word Work
?Feedback & Ratings are always appreciated! Don’t forget to join my newsletter to stay on top of new products, giveaways, and tips for your classroom!?